Take-home teeth whitening is less expensive than in-office teeth whitening and allows you to whiten your teeth at your own pace in the comfort of your home. It is important to note that take-home teeth whitening may not be effective for all types of tooth discoloration. Additionally, overuse of the whitening gel can cause sensitivity and damage to the teeth and gums. Always follow our dentist’s instructions and avoid using over-the-counter whitening products without consulting a dental professional.
Take-Home Whitening Instructions
While at-home teeth whitening kits can be a great option to whiten your teeth, you must follow the dentist’s instructions to avoid sensitivity and other issues. Here are a few actionable tips that might help:
- Brush your teeth to remove plaque and debris before using the whitening gel.
- Fill the custom-fit tray with a small amount of whitening gel as instructed by our dentist. Typically, a small dot of gel is placed in each tooth compartment of the tray.
- Gently insert the tray into your mouth, ensuring it fits snugly against your teeth. Wipe away any excess gel with a clean cloth or tissue.
- Wear the tray for the recommended time, usually 30 minutes to an hour per day, as our dentist advises. Avoid eating or drinking during this time.
- After removing the tray, rinse your mouth with water and brush your teeth to remove any remaining gel. Clean the tray with a soft toothbrush and cool water and store it in the provided case.