Full or partial dentures are removable dental appliances that replace missing teeth and surrounding tissues. They are custom-made for each patient and can be made from various materials, such as acrylic, resin, or porcelain.
Dentures can improve your ability to chew and speak and your overall appearance. It is essential to note that wearing dentures may take some time to adjust. Knowing how to care for dentures is also necessary to ensure their longevity and effectiveness.
How To Care For Dentures
Our dentist at Quest Dentistry will provide denture care instructions to patients who get full or partial dentures. It is crucial to follow denture aftercare instructions to have a comfortable experience.
Here are a few easy-to-implement tips on how to take care of partial dentures and complete dentures and how to clean stained dentures that might help:
- You should clean your dentures daily to remove food particles and prevent bacteria build-up.
- Soak your full or partial dentures in a cleaning solution overnight, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Make sure to brush your gums with a soft-bristle toothbrush.
- Dentures can warp or crack if they dry out, so it is essential to keep them moist. Store your dentures in a denture-soaking solution or water when not worn.
- Regular dental check-ups are essential to immediate aftercare to ensure dentures fit correctly and check for any changes or issues with the gums and remaining teeth.
- Avoid using harsh or abrasive cleaners such as bleach or baking soda on your dentures.